Tuesday 8 March 2011

EBSCO and Informit

I like EBSCO. I think it helps that I have used it many times before. It gives you more room to add search terms, and prompts Boolean searching. The folders option is great, especially with the cite button and its link to endnote. Informit has great information, and seemed to be more academic then EBSCO but I am not sure I am right on that, yet I found it harder to use. On the right hand side of the search page it does give different search tools that can be used and the Thesauri function would be something that I would use often to help my searching.
Following the CSU video on informit was difficult to follow where as the EBSCO CSU video was really easy. With informit you need to be directed where to go, "click here, then go there, then click on that". It is good to be reminded of what is available to us as a CSU student, and the videos are a great advantage, especially for Distance Ed students. I added them if you would like to take a look. Hope the link works.

Watch-it!Tutorial: EBSCO

Watch-it!Tutorial:Informit

No comments:

Post a Comment